wicked cool records
now browsing by tag
Prima Donna has just released a surprise brand new single!
- Side A: “Atomic Love”
music by Prima Donna, lyrics by Kevin Preston
- Side B: “He’s a Rebel”
by Gene Pitney (originally recorded by The Blossoms and credited to the Crystals)
It’s available on transparent “atomic orange” vinyl and download through Wicked Cool Records. You can also find it in all the usual digital platforms: Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal and more!
Prima Donna have just released a music video for their brand new Christmas song, Mistletoe Blues!
The video has premiered in the American Songwriter website. Check it out:
You can still buy Gimme Christmas/Mistletoe Blues digitally and on 7″ vinyl at Wicked Cool Records here, as well as stream it in all the usual platforms.
Mistletoe Blues off of the “Gimme Christmas” 7in single on Wicked Cool Records.
Directed by Kearney Thompson
Edited by David S. Field
Produced by Kearney Thompson and David S. Field
Associate Producer – Victor Field
DP – Kearney Thompson
Prod. Designer- Kearney Thomson
Gaffer – Victor Field
Special FX – David S. Field, Victor Field, Cynthia Mena-Field, Jackie Jones
Special thanks to Lee Levin at Selfish productions.
Song Credits – Written by Kevin Preston, Performed by Prima Donna, produced by Bruce Witkin at Unison Sound. Mastered by Mark Chaleki at Little Red Book.
Copyright 2020 Prima Donna under exclusive license to Wicked Cool Records
Prima Donna are going to release a new single with two Christmas songs!
The A-side features “Gimme Christmas” (released digitally in 2018) and the B-side has the brand new track “Mistletoe Blues”!
About “Mistletoe Blues”, Kevin says that it’s “a fun tune about a lonely Christmas. It’s done in the style of all those Sun Records classics.”
About “Gimme Christmas”, Aaron adds: “If Veruca Salt, the bratty girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, made a loud, 70’s glam-rock-inspired Christmas song, this would be it!”
The Gimme Christmas/Mistletoe Blues single is going to be released on Wicked Cool Records. The digital version comes out on November 24 and the 7″ single is out on Black Friday, November 27.
Source: I’m Music Magazine
The last few copies of the glow-in-the-dark 7″ vinyl are available at Prima Donna’s merch store here.
Happy Birthday, Sing to Death!
We have just updated the page about Prima Donna’s discography!
The page includes all official records that Prima Donna has released, with links to purchase the vinyls/CDs/mp3, as well as to the main streaming platforms where you can listen to those releases.
Check it out:
Buy the vinyl from Wicked Cool Records here!
Listen, share, repeat.
- A-side: Sing to Death written by Kevin Preston
- B-side: Cruel Summer (Bananarama cover, originally written by Sara Dallin, Siobhan Fahey, Steve Jolley, Tony Swain & Keren Woodward)
- Produced by Paul Roessler & Bruce Duff @ Kitten Robot, Los Angeles, CA
- Mixed by Eric Palmquist @ Palmquist Studios
- Art by Alex Hagen
- Photo by Erin Joyce
Prima Donna is welcoming the summer with a brand new single!
“Cruel Summer” is a rocking cover of the 1984 Bananarama hit.
The song was produced by Paul Roessler (45 Grave, Screamers) and Bruce Duff (Streetwalkin’ Cheetahs), and it was mixed by Eric Palmquist (producer of Prima Donna’s S/T album and Feral Children single).
“Cruel Summer” is out now on all digital platforms through Wicked Cool Records.
To celebrate, here are some highlights from the album promotion and shows:
- All Access Music interview (read it here)
- The New Nine interview (read it here)
- Front Row Live Ent. interview (watch it here)
- Automatic live in Los Angeles (watch it here)
- Pretty Little Head and Sound The Alarm live in Italy (watch it here)
- Year of The Rat live in Switzerland (watch it here)
- Paris concert pictures from Prima Donna France (view them here)
Check out the Prima Donna press roundup from last month: interviews, podcasts and reviews!
- The Soul of a Clown reviewed S/T (read it here)
- Shameless Promo San Francisco interviewed Kevin Preston on their ‘For the Record Podcast’ (listen to it here)
- The Prelude Press interviewed Lights Out Levine (read it here)
- Genre is Dead! interviewed Kevin Preston (read it here)
- Concert Crap featured a ‘100 Words or Less’ guest blog from Prima Donna (read it here)
- Idobiradio‘s ‘Gone Fishkin‘ podcast featured a phone interview with Kevin Preston (listen to it here – starts at 1:14:46)
- The New Nine interviewed Kevin Preston (read it here)
Prima Donna are on tour in the US this Summer! Check out all the dates at their official website: primadonnarocks.com/tour
Prima Donna have a new album coming out on March 30, 2018!
It’s called S/T and it will be released on Wicked Cool Records in partnership with The Orchard.
1. For Real 3:21
2. Press Your Luck 2:48
3. Automatic 3:20
4. Vulture Culture 3:09
5. Recurring Nightmare 2:48
6. Not For Nothing 2:48
7. Until I Break Loose 3:14
8. Love From Above 3:18
9. Year of the Rat 3:08
10. Give It Up 2:23
11. Sound the Alarm 2:54
The music video was directed by The Enclave Hollywood and you can watch it here:
Share with all your friends with good music taste. And don’t forget to pre-order the album!