now browsing by tag
Prima Donna has just released a surprise brand new single!
- Side A: “Atomic Love”
music by Prima Donna, lyrics by Kevin Preston
- Side B: “He’s a Rebel”
by Gene Pitney (originally recorded by The Blossoms and credited to the Crystals)
It’s available on transparent “atomic orange” vinyl and download through Wicked Cool Records. You can also find it in all the usual digital platforms: Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal and more!
Prima Donna’s new Christmas single has been out for a while and there’s been a lot of great press about it! Check it out:
- American Songwriter premiered the new Mistletoe Blues music video (watch/read it here).
- Genre is Dead interviewed Adam and David, and also wrote about the new music video and the song (read the interview here and the write-ups about the video here and the song here).
- Buzz Music interviewed Aaron about the new single (read it here).
- Chasing Destino included Prima Donna in their Music You Didn’t Know You Wanted For Christmas feature (read it here).
- La Grosse Radio in France included Prima Donna in their list of favorite Christmas Records from 2020 (read it here).
- Rock ‘N’ Load mag included Prima Donna in their list of Black Friday Wicked Cool Records releases (check it out it here).
- Jammerzine shared Mistletoe Blues in their First Listen feature, describing it as a “future classic that stirs the grind as much as the spirit” (read it here).
- New Noise Magazine premiered Mistletoe Blues on November 23 (check it out here).
- Buzzbands.LA included Mistletoe Blues in their holiday music Spotify playlist (read about it and follow the playlist here).
- Festive! fan zine wrote about Gimme Christmas (read it here).
- Vents Magazine wrote about the new single (read it here).
Prima Donna have just released a music video for their brand new Christmas song, Mistletoe Blues!
The video has premiered in the American Songwriter website. Check it out:
You can still buy Gimme Christmas/Mistletoe Blues digitally and on 7″ vinyl at Wicked Cool Records here, as well as stream it in all the usual platforms.
Mistletoe Blues off of the “Gimme Christmas” 7in single on Wicked Cool Records.
Directed by Kearney Thompson
Edited by David S. Field
Produced by Kearney Thompson and David S. Field
Associate Producer – Victor Field
DP – Kearney Thompson
Prod. Designer- Kearney Thomson
Gaffer – Victor Field
Special FX – David S. Field, Victor Field, Cynthia Mena-Field, Jackie Jones
Special thanks to Lee Levin at Selfish productions.
Song Credits – Written by Kevin Preston, Performed by Prima Donna, produced by Bruce Witkin at Unison Sound. Mastered by Mark Chaleki at Little Red Book.
Copyright 2020 Prima Donna under exclusive license to Wicked Cool Records
Here’s the extended half an hour highlights video from the online party with Prima Donna and the stray dolls.
Once again thank you to Prima Donna, Bruce Duff, and all the rad fans who joined!
“Flatten the Curve” is a supergroup consisting of 31 musicians that (virtually) came together last May. They recorded a benefit single to raise money for the Jubilee Consortium and the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund.
The song features Aaron (Prima Donna) on theremin, Mike Watt, Cherie Currie (Runaways), Steve McDonald (Redd Kross), Eddie Spaghetti (The Supersuckers), Norwood Fisher (Fishbone), Josie Cotton, Adam Bones, Tony Reflex (Adolescents), Ben Weasel (Screeching Weasel) and many more.
The music video is out now! You can watch it below and stream/buy the song by clicking here.
Last month we had a Zoom Party with Prima Donna and some fans (aka stray dolls). It was a blast!
An extended, half an hour highlights video will be released very soon! Meanwhile, here’s a short teaser:
Thank you to Prima Donna, Bruce Duff and everyone who joined!
Prima Donna are getting together with the fans for a video chat party on Zoom!
The party will happen live and online on Sunday, May 17, at noon Pacific Time. If you live in a different time zone, you can check what the difference is by clicking here.
Check out the poster below for the information on how to join. The Zoom link will not be shared publicly, so in order to join this video chat you’ll have to send us an e-mail.
You will need to have Zoom installed on your laptop or phone. If you have not used Zoom before, we advise that you install it and test the audio/video features in advance. You can install Zoom by clicking here.
See you at the party!
Thank you to Bruce Duff and Prima Donna for their support!
Edit (May 16): The slots to ask questions are all taken but there are still a few places left for those who want to watch!
Buy the vinyl from Wicked Cool Records here!
Listen, share, repeat.
- A-side: Sing to Death written by Kevin Preston
- B-side: Cruel Summer (Bananarama cover, originally written by Sara Dallin, Siobhan Fahey, Steve Jolley, Tony Swain & Keren Woodward)
- Produced by Paul Roessler & Bruce Duff @ Kitten Robot, Los Angeles, CA
- Mixed by Eric Palmquist @ Palmquist Studios
- Art by Alex Hagen
- Photo by Erin Joyce
Prima Donna have released an awesome new music video for their cover of the Bananarama hit “Cruel Summer”!
Check it out:
- Written & Directed by Arthur Leon Adams III
- Produced by David S. Field and Kathryn Nudelman
- Director of Photography – Jeff Santone
- Production assistants – Kearney Thompson, Vic Field, Christine Minton, Cynthia Mena Field
- Location services provided by Jack & Barb
- Starring – Kevin Preston, David S. Field, Lights Out Levine, Aaron Minton, Kathryn Nudelman, Vicki Chen, Christine Minton, Cynthia Mena Field, Danny Palaez, Kearney Thompson, Jackie Jones, Christian Caloroso, Emily Umbaugh, Brittany Conyers, Adra J. Linares, Ashleigh Morghan, Tim Wahl, Erin Joyce, Queen Samantha, Alixan Katanya, Justin and Jimmy Jaz from the The Knitts.
- Song Credits: Cruel Summer written by Karen Jane Woodward, Sarah Elizabeth Dallin, Siobhan Maire Deirdre Fahey, Steve Jolley, Tony Swain.
℗ 2019 Prima Donna under exclusive license to Wicked Cool Records.
Prima Donna is welcoming the summer with a brand new single!
“Cruel Summer” is a rocking cover of the 1984 Bananarama hit.
The song was produced by Paul Roessler (45 Grave, Screamers) and Bruce Duff (Streetwalkin’ Cheetahs), and it was mixed by Eric Palmquist (producer of Prima Donna’s S/T album and Feral Children single).
“Cruel Summer” is out now on all digital platforms through Wicked Cool Records.