now browsing by category
Prima Donna are going to release a new single with two Christmas songs!
The A-side features “Gimme Christmas” (released digitally in 2018) and the B-side has the brand new track “Mistletoe Blues”!
About “Mistletoe Blues”, Kevin says that it’s “a fun tune about a lonely Christmas. It’s done in the style of all those Sun Records classics.”
About “Gimme Christmas”, Aaron adds: “If Veruca Salt, the bratty girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, made a loud, 70’s glam-rock-inspired Christmas song, this would be it!”
The Gimme Christmas/Mistletoe Blues single is going to be released on Wicked Cool Records. The digital version comes out on November 24 and the 7″ single is out on Black Friday, November 27.
Source: I’m Music Magazine
Prima Donna has a song in an upcoming short film called “I’m Alright If You’re Alright“. The film was directed by Ben York Jones and is set to premiere at this year’s Austin Film Festival.
The virtual premiere is on October 23 and can be watched worldwide! You can buy your ticket and read more about “I’m Alright If You’re Alright“ here.
After the film becomes available, you’ll still have a few days to start watching it, so don’t worry if you can’t watch it at the time of the premiere. Once you begin watching the content, you’ll have 24 hours to finish watching.
Here’s the extended half an hour highlights video from the online party with Prima Donna and the stray dolls.
Once again thank you to Prima Donna, Bruce Duff, and all the rad fans who joined!
“Flatten the Curve” is a supergroup consisting of 31 musicians that (virtually) came together last May. They recorded a benefit single to raise money for the Jubilee Consortium and the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund.
The song features Aaron (Prima Donna) on theremin, Mike Watt, Cherie Currie (Runaways), Steve McDonald (Redd Kross), Eddie Spaghetti (The Supersuckers), Norwood Fisher (Fishbone), Josie Cotton, Adam Bones, Tony Reflex (Adolescents), Ben Weasel (Screeching Weasel) and many more.
The music video is out now! You can watch it below and stream/buy the song by clicking here.
Last month we had a Zoom Party with Prima Donna and some fans (aka stray dolls). It was a blast!
An extended, half an hour highlights video will be released very soon! Meanwhile, here’s a short teaser:
Thank you to Prima Donna, Bruce Duff and everyone who joined!
Prima Donna are getting together with the fans for a video chat party on Zoom!
The party will happen live and online on Sunday, May 17, at noon Pacific Time. If you live in a different time zone, you can check what the difference is by clicking here.
Check out the poster below for the information on how to join. The Zoom link will not be shared publicly, so in order to join this video chat you’ll have to send us an e-mail.
You will need to have Zoom installed on your laptop or phone. If you have not used Zoom before, we advise that you install it and test the audio/video features in advance. You can install Zoom by clicking here.
See you at the party!
Thank you to Bruce Duff and Prima Donna for their support!
Edit (May 16): The slots to ask questions are all taken but there are still a few places left for those who want to watch!
Buy the vinyl from Wicked Cool Records here!
Listen, share, repeat.
- A-side: Sing to Death written by Kevin Preston
- B-side: Cruel Summer (Bananarama cover, originally written by Sara Dallin, Siobhan Fahey, Steve Jolley, Tony Swain & Keren Woodward)
- Produced by Paul Roessler & Bruce Duff @ Kitten Robot, Los Angeles, CA
- Mixed by Eric Palmquist @ Palmquist Studios
- Art by Alex Hagen
- Photo by Erin Joyce
Prima Donna have released an awesome new music video for their cover of the Bananarama hit “Cruel Summer”!
Check it out:
- Written & Directed by Arthur Leon Adams III
- Produced by David S. Field and Kathryn Nudelman
- Director of Photography – Jeff Santone
- Production assistants – Kearney Thompson, Vic Field, Christine Minton, Cynthia Mena Field
- Location services provided by Jack & Barb
- Starring – Kevin Preston, David S. Field, Lights Out Levine, Aaron Minton, Kathryn Nudelman, Vicki Chen, Christine Minton, Cynthia Mena Field, Danny Palaez, Kearney Thompson, Jackie Jones, Christian Caloroso, Emily Umbaugh, Brittany Conyers, Adra J. Linares, Ashleigh Morghan, Tim Wahl, Erin Joyce, Queen Samantha, Alixan Katanya, Justin and Jimmy Jaz from the The Knitts.
- Song Credits: Cruel Summer written by Karen Jane Woodward, Sarah Elizabeth Dallin, Siobhan Maire Deirdre Fahey, Steve Jolley, Tony Swain.
℗ 2019 Prima Donna under exclusive license to Wicked Cool Records.
Prima Donna is welcoming the summer with a brand new single!
“Cruel Summer” is a rocking cover of the 1984 Bananarama hit.
The song was produced by Paul Roessler (45 Grave, Screamers) and Bruce Duff (Streetwalkin’ Cheetahs), and it was mixed by Eric Palmquist (producer of Prima Donna’s S/T album and Feral Children single).
“Cruel Summer” is out now on all digital platforms through Wicked Cool Records.
To celebrate, here are some highlights from the album promotion and shows:
- All Access Music interview (read it here)
- The New Nine interview (read it here)
- Front Row Live Ent. interview (watch it here)
- Automatic live in Los Angeles (watch it here)
- Pretty Little Head and Sound The Alarm live in Italy (watch it here)
- Year of The Rat live in Switzerland (watch it here)
- Paris concert pictures from Prima Donna France (view them here)