now browsing by category
Kevin Preston is releasing his debut solo single in 21 January 2022!
“Caprice” features three original new songs:
- Close My Eyes
- I Know Where I Stand
The single is currently available to pre-order in three different coloured vinyls (black, red and white) through Wild Honey Records (Europe/UK) and white vinyl through Green Noise Records (US). Please note some of the colors might already be sold out!
Here’s a few press highlights:
- Jammerzine – First listen: Kevin Preston – Caprice
- Genre is Dead – Prima Donna’s Kevin Preston Debuts Solo Single ‘Caprice’
- Rock ‘N’ Load – Kevin Preston solo debut 7″ EP ‘Caprice’ out on January 21, 2022 via Wild Honey Records
- Clube de Los Pilotos Suicidas – Kevin Preston presenta su EP debut «Caprice»
- Enigma Online – Kevin Preston’s Solo Debut 7 EP ‘Caprice’ Out On January 21
- Maximum Volume Music – PREST ON
- The Rock ‘N’ Roll Oatcake – Incoming music…Jokers Hand, Sleepy Gary & Kevin Preston
- Tinnitist – Weekend Mixtape (Side 1) | 168 Songs That Will Crush You Like A Bug
And here are the lyrics (thank you, Kevin)!
Well, I got a gal
I think she loves me
I’m gonna jump in my Caprice
Pick her up on D Street
Cruise to the Tower Bar
We’ll be boppin’ & drinkin’ & gettin’ real gone
You & me & my Caprice
The single was produced and recorded by Bruce Witkin at Unison Music Studios.
Cover photograph by Vicki Chen. Layout by SLOWBEAT.
Prima Donna has just released a surprise brand new single!
- Side A: “Atomic Love”
music by Prima Donna, lyrics by Kevin Preston
- Side B: “He’s a Rebel”
by Gene Pitney (originally recorded by The Blossoms and credited to the Crystals)
It’s available on transparent “atomic orange” vinyl and download through Wicked Cool Records. You can also find it in all the usual digital platforms: Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal and more!
A brand new cover of Joan Jett’s classic “Bad Reputation” was put together by Mikey And His Uke, featuring a great line-up of musicians such as Josie Cotton, Noodles (The Offspring), Adrian Young (No Doubt) and Kevin Preston (Prima Donna)!
Prima Donna’s new Christmas single has been out for a while and there’s been a lot of great press about it! Check it out:
- American Songwriter premiered the new Mistletoe Blues music video (watch/read it here).
- Genre is Dead interviewed Adam and David, and also wrote about the new music video and the song (read the interview here and the write-ups about the video here and the song here).
- Buzz Music interviewed Aaron about the new single (read it here).
- Chasing Destino included Prima Donna in their Music You Didn’t Know You Wanted For Christmas feature (read it here).
- La Grosse Radio in France included Prima Donna in their list of favorite Christmas Records from 2020 (read it here).
- Rock ‘N’ Load mag included Prima Donna in their list of Black Friday Wicked Cool Records releases (check it out it here).
- Jammerzine shared Mistletoe Blues in their First Listen feature, describing it as a “future classic that stirs the grind as much as the spirit” (read it here).
- New Noise Magazine premiered Mistletoe Blues on November 23 (check it out here).
- Buzzbands.LA included Mistletoe Blues in their holiday music Spotify playlist (read about it and follow the playlist here).
- Festive! fan zine wrote about Gimme Christmas (read it here).
- Vents Magazine wrote about the new single (read it here).
Prima Donna have just released a music video for their brand new Christmas song, Mistletoe Blues!
The video has premiered in the American Songwriter website. Check it out:
You can still buy Gimme Christmas/Mistletoe Blues digitally and on 7″ vinyl at Wicked Cool Records here, as well as stream it in all the usual platforms.
Mistletoe Blues off of the “Gimme Christmas” 7in single on Wicked Cool Records.
Directed by Kearney Thompson
Edited by David S. Field
Produced by Kearney Thompson and David S. Field
Associate Producer – Victor Field
DP – Kearney Thompson
Prod. Designer- Kearney Thomson
Gaffer – Victor Field
Special FX – David S. Field, Victor Field, Cynthia Mena-Field, Jackie Jones
Special thanks to Lee Levin at Selfish productions.
Song Credits – Written by Kevin Preston, Performed by Prima Donna, produced by Bruce Witkin at Unison Sound. Mastered by Mark Chaleki at Little Red Book.
Copyright 2020 Prima Donna under exclusive license to Wicked Cool Records
Prima Donna are going to release a new single with two Christmas songs!
The A-side features “Gimme Christmas” (released digitally in 2018) and the B-side has the brand new track “Mistletoe Blues”!
About “Mistletoe Blues”, Kevin says that it’s “a fun tune about a lonely Christmas. It’s done in the style of all those Sun Records classics.”
About “Gimme Christmas”, Aaron adds: “If Veruca Salt, the bratty girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, made a loud, 70’s glam-rock-inspired Christmas song, this would be it!”
The Gimme Christmas/Mistletoe Blues single is going to be released on Wicked Cool Records. The digital version comes out on November 24 and the 7″ single is out on Black Friday, November 27.
Source: I’m Music Magazine
Prima Donna has a song in an upcoming short film called “I’m Alright If You’re Alright“. The film was directed by Ben York Jones and is set to premiere at this year’s Austin Film Festival.
The virtual premiere is on October 23 and can be watched worldwide! You can buy your ticket and read more about “I’m Alright If You’re Alright“ here.
After the film becomes available, you’ll still have a few days to start watching it, so don’t worry if you can’t watch it at the time of the premiere. Once you begin watching the content, you’ll have 24 hours to finish watching.
Here’s the extended half an hour highlights video from the online party with Prima Donna and the stray dolls.
Once again thank you to Prima Donna, Bruce Duff, and all the rad fans who joined!
“Flatten the Curve” is a supergroup consisting of 31 musicians that (virtually) came together last May. They recorded a benefit single to raise money for the Jubilee Consortium and the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund.
The song features Aaron (Prima Donna) on theremin, Mike Watt, Cherie Currie (Runaways), Steve McDonald (Redd Kross), Eddie Spaghetti (The Supersuckers), Norwood Fisher (Fishbone), Josie Cotton, Adam Bones, Tony Reflex (Adolescents), Ben Weasel (Screeching Weasel) and many more.
The music video is out now! You can watch it below and stream/buy the song by clicking here.
Last month we had a Zoom Party with Prima Donna and some fans (aka stray dolls). It was a blast!
An extended, half an hour highlights video will be released very soon! Meanwhile, here’s a short teaser:
Thank you to Prima Donna, Bruce Duff and everyone who joined!