now browsing by tag
Prima Donna’s new Christmas single has been out for a while and there’s been a lot of great press about it! Check it out:
- American Songwriter premiered the new Mistletoe Blues music video (watch/read it here).
- Genre is Dead interviewed Adam and David, and also wrote about the new music video and the song (read the interview here and the write-ups about the video here and the song here).
- Buzz Music interviewed Aaron about the new single (read it here).
- Chasing Destino included Prima Donna in their Music You Didn’t Know You Wanted For Christmas feature (read it here).
- La Grosse Radio in France included Prima Donna in their list of favorite Christmas Records from 2020 (read it here).
- Rock ‘N’ Load mag included Prima Donna in their list of Black Friday Wicked Cool Records releases (check it out it here).
- Jammerzine shared Mistletoe Blues in their First Listen feature, describing it as a “future classic that stirs the grind as much as the spirit” (read it here).
- New Noise Magazine premiered Mistletoe Blues on November 23 (check it out here).
- Buzzbands.LA included Mistletoe Blues in their holiday music Spotify playlist (read about it and follow the playlist here).
- Festive! fan zine wrote about Gimme Christmas (read it here).
- Vents Magazine wrote about the new single (read it here).
Prima Donna have just released a music video for their brand new Christmas song, Mistletoe Blues!
The video has premiered in the American Songwriter website. Check it out:
You can still buy Gimme Christmas/Mistletoe Blues digitally and on 7″ vinyl at Wicked Cool Records here, as well as stream it in all the usual platforms.
Mistletoe Blues off of the “Gimme Christmas” 7in single on Wicked Cool Records.
Directed by Kearney Thompson
Edited by David S. Field
Produced by Kearney Thompson and David S. Field
Associate Producer – Victor Field
DP – Kearney Thompson
Prod. Designer- Kearney Thomson
Gaffer – Victor Field
Special FX – David S. Field, Victor Field, Cynthia Mena-Field, Jackie Jones
Special thanks to Lee Levin at Selfish productions.
Song Credits – Written by Kevin Preston, Performed by Prima Donna, produced by Bruce Witkin at Unison Sound. Mastered by Mark Chaleki at Little Red Book.
Copyright 2020 Prima Donna under exclusive license to Wicked Cool Records
December is here, so to celebrate it we are launching a Prima Donna advent calendar!
Each day, starting at midnight local time, you can open a new window and discover a Prima Donna-themed video, from live performances to classic interviews and music videos.
We hope you will enjoy it. Have a safe and awesome holiday season! And don’t forget to listen to Gimme Christmas!(If the calendar doesn’t open below click here to access it directly)
Prima Donna are going to release a new single with two Christmas songs!
The A-side features “Gimme Christmas” (released digitally in 2018) and the B-side has the brand new track “Mistletoe Blues”!
About “Mistletoe Blues”, Kevin says that it’s “a fun tune about a lonely Christmas. It’s done in the style of all those Sun Records classics.”
About “Gimme Christmas”, Aaron adds: “If Veruca Salt, the bratty girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, made a loud, 70’s glam-rock-inspired Christmas song, this would be it!”
The Gimme Christmas/Mistletoe Blues single is going to be released on Wicked Cool Records. The digital version comes out on November 24 and the 7″ single is out on Black Friday, November 27.
Source: I’m Music Magazine
The last few copies of the glow-in-the-dark 7″ vinyl are available at Prima Donna’s merch store here.
Happy Birthday, Sing to Death!
Prima Donna has a song in an upcoming short film called “I’m Alright If You’re Alright“. The film was directed by Ben York Jones and is set to premiere at this year’s Austin Film Festival.
The virtual premiere is on October 23 and can be watched worldwide! You can buy your ticket and read more about “I’m Alright If You’re Alright“ here.
After the film becomes available, you’ll still have a few days to start watching it, so don’t worry if you can’t watch it at the time of the premiere. Once you begin watching the content, you’ll have 24 hours to finish watching.
Next week, legendary New York venue The Bowery Electric will host a livestream to celebrate Johnny Thunders’ 68th Birthday.
The lineup for this online event features over 20 artists, including Kevin Preston,
The livestream is available worldwide through the Veeps platform. In order to watch it you need to purchase a ticket (minimum $15).
Don’t miss it! July 15 at 7:30 pm EST (for other time zones click here).
Get your ticket here!
Here’s the extended half an hour highlights video from the online party with Prima Donna and the stray dolls.
Once again thank you to Prima Donna, Bruce Duff, and all the rad fans who joined!
“Flatten the Curve” is a supergroup consisting of 31 musicians that (virtually) came together last May. They recorded a benefit single to raise money for the Jubilee Consortium and the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund.
The song features Aaron (Prima Donna) on theremin, Mike Watt, Cherie Currie (Runaways), Steve McDonald (Redd Kross), Eddie Spaghetti (The Supersuckers), Norwood Fisher (Fishbone), Josie Cotton, Adam Bones, Tony Reflex (Adolescents), Ben Weasel (Screeching Weasel) and many more.
The music video is out now! You can watch it below and stream/buy the song by clicking here.
Last month we had a Zoom Party with Prima Donna and some fans (aka stray dolls). It was a blast!
An extended, half an hour highlights video will be released very soon! Meanwhile, here’s a short teaser:
Thank you to Prima Donna, Bruce Duff and everyone who joined!