now browsing by tag
Kevin Preston is releasing his debut solo single in 21 January 2022!
“Caprice” features three original new songs:
- Close My Eyes
- I Know Where I Stand
The single is currently available to pre-order in three different coloured vinyls (black, red and white) through Wild Honey Records (Europe/UK) and white vinyl through Green Noise Records (US). Please note some of the colors might already be sold out!
Here’s a few press highlights:
- Jammerzine – First listen: Kevin Preston – Caprice
- Genre is Dead – Prima Donna’s Kevin Preston Debuts Solo Single ‘Caprice’
- Rock ‘N’ Load – Kevin Preston solo debut 7″ EP ‘Caprice’ out on January 21, 2022 via Wild Honey Records
- Clube de Los Pilotos Suicidas – Kevin Preston presenta su EP debut «Caprice»
- Enigma Online – Kevin Preston’s Solo Debut 7 EP ‘Caprice’ Out On January 21
- Maximum Volume Music – PREST ON
- The Rock ‘N’ Roll Oatcake – Incoming music…Jokers Hand, Sleepy Gary & Kevin Preston
- Tinnitist – Weekend Mixtape (Side 1) | 168 Songs That Will Crush You Like A Bug
And here are the lyrics (thank you, Kevin)!
Well, I got a gal
I think she loves me
I’m gonna jump in my Caprice
Pick her up on D Street
Cruise to the Tower Bar
We’ll be boppin’ & drinkin’ & gettin’ real gone
You & me & my Caprice
The single was produced and recorded by Bruce Witkin at Unison Music Studios.
Cover photograph by Vicki Chen. Layout by SLOWBEAT.
Prima Donna has just released a surprise brand new single!
- Side A: “Atomic Love”
music by Prima Donna, lyrics by Kevin Preston
- Side B: “He’s a Rebel”
by Gene Pitney (originally recorded by The Blossoms and credited to the Crystals)
It’s available on transparent “atomic orange” vinyl and download through Wicked Cool Records. You can also find it in all the usual digital platforms: Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal and more!
A brand new cover of Joan Jett’s classic “Bad Reputation” was put together by Mikey And His Uke, featuring a great line-up of musicians such as Josie Cotton, Noodles (The Offspring), Adrian Young (No Doubt) and Kevin Preston (Prima Donna)!
Prima Donna’s new Christmas single has been out for a while and there’s been a lot of great press about it! Check it out:
- American Songwriter premiered the new Mistletoe Blues music video (watch/read it here).
- Genre is Dead interviewed Adam and David, and also wrote about the new music video and the song (read the interview here and the write-ups about the video here and the song here).
- Buzz Music interviewed Aaron about the new single (read it here).
- Chasing Destino included Prima Donna in their Music You Didn’t Know You Wanted For Christmas feature (read it here).
- La Grosse Radio in France included Prima Donna in their list of favorite Christmas Records from 2020 (read it here).
- Rock ‘N’ Load mag included Prima Donna in their list of Black Friday Wicked Cool Records releases (check it out it here).
- Jammerzine shared Mistletoe Blues in their First Listen feature, describing it as a “future classic that stirs the grind as much as the spirit” (read it here).
- New Noise Magazine premiered Mistletoe Blues on November 23 (check it out here).
- Buzzbands.LA included Mistletoe Blues in their holiday music Spotify playlist (read about it and follow the playlist here).
- Festive! fan zine wrote about Gimme Christmas (read it here).
- Vents Magazine wrote about the new single (read it here).
Prima Donna have just released a music video for their brand new Christmas song, Mistletoe Blues!
The video has premiered in the American Songwriter website. Check it out:
You can still buy Gimme Christmas/Mistletoe Blues digitally and on 7″ vinyl at Wicked Cool Records here, as well as stream it in all the usual platforms.
Mistletoe Blues off of the “Gimme Christmas” 7in single on Wicked Cool Records.
Directed by Kearney Thompson
Edited by David S. Field
Produced by Kearney Thompson and David S. Field
Associate Producer – Victor Field
DP – Kearney Thompson
Prod. Designer- Kearney Thomson
Gaffer – Victor Field
Special FX – David S. Field, Victor Field, Cynthia Mena-Field, Jackie Jones
Special thanks to Lee Levin at Selfish productions.
Song Credits – Written by Kevin Preston, Performed by Prima Donna, produced by Bruce Witkin at Unison Sound. Mastered by Mark Chaleki at Little Red Book.
Copyright 2020 Prima Donna under exclusive license to Wicked Cool Records
Next week, legendary New York venue The Bowery Electric will host a livestream to celebrate Johnny Thunders’ 68th Birthday.
The lineup for this online event features over 20 artists, including Kevin Preston,
The livestream is available worldwide through the Veeps platform. In order to watch it you need to purchase a ticket (minimum $15).
Don’t miss it! July 15 at 7:30 pm EST (for other time zones click here).
Get your ticket here!
Here’s the extended half an hour highlights video from the online party with Prima Donna and the stray dolls.
Once again thank you to Prima Donna, Bruce Duff, and all the rad fans who joined!
Last month we had a Zoom Party with Prima Donna and some fans (aka stray dolls). It was a blast!
An extended, half an hour highlights video will be released very soon! Meanwhile, here’s a short teaser:
Thank you to Prima Donna, Bruce Duff and everyone who joined!
Prima Donna are getting together with the fans for a video chat party on Zoom!
The party will happen live and online on Sunday, May 17, at noon Pacific Time. If you live in a different time zone, you can check what the difference is by clicking here.
Check out the poster below for the information on how to join. The Zoom link will not be shared publicly, so in order to join this video chat you’ll have to send us an e-mail.
You will need to have Zoom installed on your laptop or phone. If you have not used Zoom before, we advise that you install it and test the audio/video features in advance. You can install Zoom by clicking here.
See you at the party!
Thank you to Bruce Duff and Prima Donna for their support!
Edit (May 16): The slots to ask questions are all taken but there are still a few places left for those who want to watch!
Buy the vinyl from Wicked Cool Records here!
Listen, share, repeat.
- A-side: Sing to Death written by Kevin Preston
- B-side: Cruel Summer (Bananarama cover, originally written by Sara Dallin, Siobhan Fahey, Steve Jolley, Tony Swain & Keren Woodward)
- Produced by Paul Roessler & Bruce Duff @ Kitten Robot, Los Angeles, CA
- Mixed by Eric Palmquist @ Palmquist Studios
- Art by Alex Hagen
- Photo by Erin Joyce